Rosina Teri Memolo is a fine artist and commercial photographer who lives and works in the SE quadrant of Washington, D.C. She will present selections from her two series, “Corner Stores and Carry Outs” and “Just Shoot Me,” which document the disappearing landmarks, and changing diaspora of the city. Her images are intuitive, sometimes even happy accidents. Her work is included in Pump it Corcoran: DC SubCulture of the 1980s.
- 1994 Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography, Corcoran School or Art and Design
- 1993 Writing club, founding member, 1993
- 1994 Interned with Lise Metzger, photographer
- 1993 Interned for IMP Productions/9:30 Club
- 2013 PUMP ME UP, DC Subculture of the 80s, Corcoran Gallery of Art
- Potomac Groundswell: A Hurricane Sandy Relief Fundraiser
- 2012 Diamond Derby, Mixed media piece, Crystal City, VA
- Art in the Box, Photographs on wood & vending machine in shipping container, Fairgrounds at National’s Stadium
- Untitled 3, Randall Scott Projects
- Covered, ArtLand Brookland
- These are a Few of my Favorite Things, Artomatic Crystal City, VA
- Blended, Photographs on windows, 2030 8th ST NW
- G40 Summit Richmond, VA, Art Whino
- Women’s History Mural, Stencil Buttons, 100 Blk Florida Ave NW
- Art@Work, Smith Center for Healing Arts
- 2011 Corner Stores, Corner Store Arts
- Document the Fresh, Lamont Bishop Gallery
- Click Clique, Installation of InsideoutProject with students onto 1226 9th NW, DC for Art All Night/Nuit Blanche
- DCxNY, A mix of Hiphop artists and visual artists
- 3x6, 3 works from 6 photographers, Corner Store Arts
- Arts Beats And Lyrics, Andrew Mellon Auditorium
- The Nest Project, Target Gallery, Torpedo Factory, Built and installed a nest on the waterfront in Old Town Alexandria, VA
- 2010 PeacexPeace, The Fridge
- 26 Weapons, Photographs with students
- Beautiful Minds, Yards Park Opening, Art Whino
- Pop Up on U, Dreams for Kids benefit, Affinity lab
- Child of the Street, Group show, Cre8 Space
- G40 Summit, Art Whino, Crystal City, VA
- Exposed: The Polaroid Retrospective, Polaroid transfers, Sova
- 2009 Zeitgeist: What’s Important Now, Family series, Nevin Kelly Gallery
- Graff Skate, contributed collage on skateboard, The Fridge
- Lost and Found, contributed collages on metal, Miss Pixies
- ArtOMatic, Corner Store Photographs, Washington, DC
- Group Show, artdc Lustine Gallery, Hyattsville, MD
- 2008 Inspire Location, Mixed media piece, Baltimore
- 2002 Stress Relief, at BlueRoom (solo)
- Artemis, multi media piece, women’s performing & visual arts show, 9:30 club.
- The Hideout, Group show, contributed photography and installation,
- 1994 Fem, Senior Thesis Show, Corcoran Gallery of Art
- Art Barn, Corcoran Student’s Show, Rock Creek Park Art Barn
- Mid Fourth Year, White Walls Gallery, Corcoran School of Art
- Gorilla Show, White Walls Gallery, Corcoran School of Art
- Third Year, White Walls Gallery, Corcoran School of Art
- Third Year, Off White Walls Gallery, Corcoran School of Art
- Second Year, White Walls Gallery, Corcoran School of Art
- First Year, White Walls Gallery, Corcoran School of Art
- Concept series - Smirnoff 30 - portraits of DC Personalities
- Make No!se portrait series: create hype for various artists/brands and locations
- Images for Smithsonian National Museum of African Art, one of which was used for Folk Life Festival exhibit
- Liquid Soul portrait series with AM Radio - DC Personalities
- Documented every mural for Murals DC in 2012.
- Documented the Raven Bar & Grill for Dive Bar Shirt Club
- Documentation of the Give me a Vote Campaign with Albus Cavus and DC Vote.
- Family Portraits
- Corner Stores and Carryouts - DC’s Disappearing Landmarks (ongoing)
- just shoot me - street photography ongoing project
- Portraits of executives from the American Bankers Association and the Open Society.
- OkayPlayer.com, live band shots and behind the scenes with Okay artists.
- DilatedPeoples.com, live band shots.
- Documentation and time lapse images of Critical Massive’s public advertising mural installations for corporate clients.
- Biz Markee for a L.R.G. clothing advertisement and CD cover.
- Documentation of Rare Essence and Chuck Brown concerts.
- Washington Wizards Dancer’s Calendar, 2000
- WWII Ground Breaking Ceremony on the National Mall.
Photography in Books
- PUMP ME UP, DC Subculture of the 80s
- Worst of While You Were Sleeping
- Lenny Campello’s latest, photos of Holly Bass
- Street World, National Geographic book (cover)
- Enamelized, (Cover)
- Supreme Quality
- Present Tense
Photography in Magazines/Papers
Washingtonian; Washington Post; Financial Times/The Banker; Hill Rag, World at Work, Swindle Magazine; Urb Magazine, writer & photographer; People Weekly; While You Were Sleeping; 17 Magazine; Words, Beats and Life’s Journal; The Source; Blaze; One World; Dcity Mag; Mixmag; Dc Scene and Privat, Italy
Please contact email@example.com for more information.