Annette Isham lives and works in Washington, D.C.
- B.A., Studio Art, Minor in Art History, University of Richmond, VA
- M.F.A., Studio Art, Sculpture and Extended Media, American University, Washington D.C.
Solo and Group Exhibitions
- 2014 America’s Man, with Camden Place, Goucher College, Baltimore, MD
- Off the Wall, George Mason University, School of Art, Fairfax, VA
- Woman and Landscape (Solo), Hamiltonian Gallery, Washington DC
- Gawker, with Zac Willis Harford Community College, Westminster, MD
- 2013 Bathroom Whispers, with Zac Willis, AQUA Miami, Hamiltonian Gallery, Miami, FL
- Jane, Miami Select, International Visions Gallery, Miami FL
- The Intentional Quarterly, Delicious Spectacle, Washington, DC
- Beach Whispers, with Zac Willis, SUPERNOVA, Artistphere, Arlington VA
- Social Studies, (Solo) Hamiltonian Gallery, Washington, DC
- Fellows Converge: Obstructions, Katzen Museum, Washington, DC
- 2012 Fascinated By, Delicious Spectacle, Washington, DC
- Long Island City Horror Film Festival, 5Pointz & Local Project Art Space, Long Island, NY
- Call & Collect 2012, Hamiltonian Gallery, Washington, DC
- (e)merge Art Fair with Hamiltonian Gallery, Washington, DC
- Bathroom Whispers, with Zac Willis, (e)merge Art Fair, Contemporary Wing, Washington, DC
- new.(now.), Hamiltonian Gallery, Washington, DC
- Dialogues, (focused show) Intl Vision Gallery, Washington, DC
- Fifteen, Intl Visions Gallery, Washington, DC
- Collision 17, AXIOM Center for New and Experimental Media, Boston, MA
- Kairos Interruptus Film Festival, Vaudeville Park, New York, NY
- 2011 Man As Object, Reversing the Gaze, SOMArts Cultural Center, San Francisco, CA
- Crown Heights Film Festival, 5 Myles Gallery, New York, NY
- Condition X, Westside Gallery, New York, NY
- SHOWDOWN, Hart-Witzen Gallery, Charlotte, NC
- 2010 WIP Creative Review, Artisphere, Arlington, VA
- The Big Light Show, Anderson Ranch Gallery, Snowmass, CO
- Reach, (solo) with Andy Holtin, Fowler-Kellog Art-Center, Chautauqua Inst, Chautauqua, NY
- Composites, Katzen Museum, Washington, D.C.
- WAMM Media Festival, Senator Theater, Baltimore, MD
- 2009 Inlight Richmond 2009, Art Turned On, with Andy Holtin, 1708 Gallery, Richmond, VA
- (P)REVIEW, Katzen Museum, Washington D.C.
- 2008 1st Friday, Space One Eleven Gallery, Birmingham, AL
- Equinox, Teasing the Goddess Fashion Show, Mathew Gallery, Birmingham, AL
- 2006 Modlin Arts Center Museum, Richmond, VA
- 2005 !NO TOCA!, Article 26 Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- 2013 Centerfold Artist, Tropmag.com, Columnist/ Producer
- 2012 Hamiltonian Artists Gallery Fellowship, Washington, DC
- 2011 School of Visual Arts Summer Residency, New York, NY
- 2010 The Catharina Baart Biddle Art Award
- 2009 Babs Van Swearingen Scholarship Award
- Serge Sacknoff Memorial Sculpture Scholarship Award
- 2008 Merit Scholarship Award
- 2006 University of Richmond Symposium Grant, University of Richmond Art and Art History Dept.
Publications and Reviews
- Washington Post, Centerfold Artist, “Gallery Opening of the Week” by Michael O’Sullivan March 28th 2014
- Washington Post, Centerfold Artist, “The best bets for the spring season” by Michael O’Sullivan, Jan 31 2014
- Washington City Paper, “Woman and Landscape” and “ From and Eighth to a Key” by Kristin Capps, Jan 24, 2014
- Peri0d.com, Interview: Annette Isham, "Woman and Landscape" by Eames Armstrong, Jan 27th, 2014
- Baltimore’s Contemporary Art Authority, “Uneven but Satisfying: Aqua Art Fair” By Cara Ober, Dec, 9th 2013
- The Washington Post, “Social Studies: Jerry Truong Annette Isham” By Michael O’Sullivan Feb 22, 2013
- The Washington Post, “new.(now.)” by Mark Jenkins, September 10th, 2012
- Man as Object, Reversing the Gaze Catalogue, by Tanya Augsburg, Ph.D. and Karen Gutfreund, Nov 5th, 2011
- The Chautauquan Daily, “Reach Allows Viewer Interaction Through Touch”, June 6th, 2010
- The Eagle, “Masters of Art: Graduates Reflect on Becoming Artist” May 18th, 2010
- 2013 Visiting Lecturer, Ohio University, Athens, OH
- Artist Talk, Hamiltonian Gallery, Washington, D.C
- Artist Talk, Katzen Arts Museum, Washington, D.C.
- 2012 Artist Talk, International Visions, Washington, D.C.
- 2011 Artist Talk, Five Myles Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Artist Talk, Hart-Witzen Gallery, Charlotte, NC
- 2010 Artist Talk, Artisphere WIP Gallery, Arlington, VA
- Panel Host- “Mixed Messages”, International Visions, D.C.
- 2006 Artist Talk, Modlin Arts Center Museum, Richmond, VA
Professional and Curatorial Experience
- 2014 Centerfold Artist, Project 4 Gallery, Washington, DC
- 2013-present Adjunct Professor, 2-D and extended media, George Mason University
- 2008-present Art Preparator, Katzen Musuem, Washington, D.C.
- 2010-2013 Adjunct Professor, 2-D & 3-D-Design, Northern Virginia Comm College, Woodbridge, VA
- 2010-2013 Adjunct Professor-2-D Design, Prince George’s Community College, Prince George, MD
Please contact email@example.com for more information.